Meat processing and abattoir facilities require the highest levels of hygiene standards and an unprotected concrete floor will be of no use in meeting these important health and safety standards.
Meat processing and abattoir floors are very unique and have special requirements. These floors are regularly wet or immersed in water, blood, fat, animal waste or chemicals. Owing to their acidic nature animal fat and proteins will attack and corrode unprotected concrete, thus weakening its structure and cause it to break down.
Specific requirements for meat processing and abattoir environments;
- Abattoir floors must be anti-slip in both dry and wet conditions
- Abattoir floors must be hygienic and seamless and not support bacteria and microbial growth
- Abattoir floors require high compressive strength to withstand heavy loads and abrasion
- Abattoir floors have to be resistant to animal fats and a range of chemicals
- Abattoir floors must be capable of being thoroughly de-greased, cleaned and sanitized
- Abattoir floors must provide a safe, robust working substrate for foot and wheeled traffic
Therefore, polyurethane resin screeds are the chosen product for floors in meat processing and abattoir facilities.
Polyurethane MF and RT resin floors are a must for this industry owing to their chemical and physical properties.
Polyurethane MF and RT screeds offer the maximum anti slip properties to make them ideal in abattoirs.
Polyurethane MF and RT resin can be steam cleaned up to 120 degrees which will kill any harmful bacteria but will not affect the integrity of the resin floor. Therefore, as resin screeds are also seamless they are very hygienic for abattoirs where cleanliness and hygiene levels are very high.
Polyurethane resin is exceptionally hard wearing, with excellent impact and abrasion qualities and can withstand heavy loads and are completely impervious throughout.
Polyurethane MF and RT resin screeds are HACCP accredited and are suitable to use in very heavy duty working environments with an anticipated life span of well over 10 years.
At Solcrete Contractors we pride ourselves in using our expert knowledge to make sure you get the best floor coating for your working environment.
If you would like to know more about our range of flooring or to discuss your needs with one of our helpful team, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 0707961472.